Deloitte currently have an opportunity for a Graduate IT Service Desk Technician. The successful candidate will work within the Service Desk team, supporting over 2000 users across a number of locations. The main function of this role is to actively participate as part of a team of Technology professionals, supporting the Firm’s hardware and software products using the call management system to record and track calls. The role will be based at the group`s city centre premises with occasional travel required to regional office locations. This role is for an immediate start.
Technology & Operations Department
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
The Technology and Operations Department comprises Operations, Development, Technical Infrastructure teams along with Property and Facilities. Main technologies in use are Microsoft Windows Server 2012 running on VMWare, Cisco based LAN and Wifi, F5 BIG-IP VPN technology with VDI and Skype for Business VoIP supporting a multitude of end user applications, including line of business, financial, productivity tools etc. MPLS WAN, and SIP services in place between locations.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Provide first and second level support to end users
- Escalate appropriate issues within the team as necessary
- Adherence to service level agreements
- Housekeeping and network maintenance activities
- Deployment of new PC’s, laptops, software and peripheral equipment
- Using own initiative to research technical solutions in department specific applications
- Remaining courteous and patient with end users
- Working as part of a team to consistently deliver an excellent service to the business
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
- Recently completed a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business or a related field
- The potential candidate should be self-motivated with an ability to survive in a progressive Technology environment, along with the flexibility to adapt to new technologies
- Have a good understanding of Microsoft technologies
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and the ability to multi-task are essential
- The successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to learn and grow within this role
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines
Deloitte’s 2000 plus people in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Belfast provide audit, tax, consulting, and corporate finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in 145 locations, Deloitte brings world class capabilities and deep local expertise to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
Deloitte`s more than 170,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence. Deloitte`s professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Deloitte`s professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities.