Corporate and Legal Graduate Programme (Corporate Compliance)
“Success is…” at Deloitte
At Deloitte, success is part of our DNA. While our people come from diverse backgrounds, we are all driven by the same desire to succeed. That’s what connects us.
Success at Deloitte means many different things: winning awards, losing inhibitions, gaining skills for work, gaining skills for life, and making lasting memories and, most importantly, making an impact. For everyone working at Deloitte, from our partners to our interns, success means making a positive impact – for our clients, our people and society.
There’s a reason why we were voted the ‘Most Popular Graduate Recruiter in Ireland’ by the students this year – we offer challenging work and meaningful development opportunities. Above all, you’ll be challenged by the people on your team and the high quality clients we serve. We will empower you to become leaders early on in your career, setting you on the path to success.
This is your opportunity to become part of the worldwide leader in professional services and consulting, a global network of 244,400 people in 150 locations, and over 2,300in Ireland.
What impact will you make?
The #1 place to launch and develop your career
- Deloitte won the `Most Popular Graduate Recruiter in Professional Services` and `Most Popular Graduate Recruiter in Ireland` at the 2017 GradIreland Awards.
- Deloitte won Best Innovation on Campus for the Deloitte Difference University Challenge at the GradIreland Awards, 2015 & 2016
- Deloitte won AHECS Engagement award for demonstrating an outstanding example of constructive partnership with the careers services across Ireland at the GradIreland Awards, 2015 & 2016
- Deloitte named Accountancy Firm of the Year at the InBusiness Editor`s Choice Awards, 2014
- Deloitte Tax department named a Tier 1 tax practice in the International Tax Review’s annual Tax Planning Survey, 2015
- Gartner ranks Deloitte #1 for Consulting Services worldwide, based on market share, in 2014, for the fifth consecutive year. Source: Gartner, Market Share Analysis: Consulting Services, Worldwide, 2014
- Deloitte named a worldwide leader in Business Consulting Services. Source: IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Business Consulting Services, 2015
- Deloitte named Vanguard IT Consulting Provider by Kennedy. Source: Global IT Consulting Marketplace Report 2011-2014
- Deloitte has been nominated by students around the world as one of the World’s Most Attractive Employers; Universum ranking 2015
- Deloitte was named #1 Graduate Employer in professional services at the GradIreland awards in 2011, 2013 and 2014
Legal and Corporate Governance
As the importance of effective corporate governance continues to be critical in today’s environment, not least due to the global financial crisis, there has been increased focus on the role of the company secretary in Ireland. Starting your career in corporate governance/company secretarial services will give you an insight into the scope and importance of this role in Irish business
We work closely with our colleagues in Audit, Tax and Financial Advisory Services and other specialist departments and external advisers on more complex arrangements and transactions. We regularly engage and have contact with staff from both the Companies Registration Office and the Revenue Commissioners.
We provide a service that is aimed at reducing the administrative burden on clients and reducing the risks associated with failing to comply with statutory obligations. We advise on and deal with a wide range of routine and specialist matters relating to the Companies Act 2014 and associated legislation, as well as managing corporate projects form inception to completion.
Click here for further information on working in corporate governance
About the opportunity
As a Trainee you will be involved in:
- Preparation and monitoring of CRO annual returns
- Preparation of statutory minutes in relation to board and shareholders meetings and liaising with clients in relation to the convening of same
- Maintenance of statutory registers
- Liaising with Companies Registration Office on a day- to- day basis
- Dealing with queries from clients and colleagues in matters of company law
- Manage and take responsibility for a portfolio of clients
- Participation in a variety of project work
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 2.1 Honours Third level qualification
- Successfully passed the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators examinations or masters equivalent
- Confidence in dealing with people (including clients), excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use initiative and to prioritise with excellent time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (in particular Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Advanced knowledge of Blueprint software would be an advantage
- Strong attention to detail, professional and adaptable
- Team player while at the same time having the ability to work independently without close supervision
Click Apply to get started and answer simple and short questions about you, your education and any work experience. Have your qualification details to hand before you begin, including your grades.