Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week
Starting Salary: Gross monthly salary of EUR 3,916.58 plus holiday pay and Christmas bonus
Security Assessment: Please note the holder of this position must be eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian National Security Clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1 and candidates must therefore be an Australian citizen, or in exceptional circumstances a citizen of the United Kingdom, Canada, United States or New Zealand.
Applications are sought from persons interested in employment at the Australian Embassy in Brussels engaged on local terms and conditions of employment as a Locally Engaged Staff member.
Please be advised that the Embassy does not provide relocation assistance and any costs associated with taking up the position would be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
About the Australian Department of Defence
The primary role of Defence is to defend Australia against armed attack. Australia’s defence policy is founded on the principle of self-reliance in the direct defence of Australia, but with a capacity to do more where there are shared interests with partners and allies.
About the position
The Defence Business Manager is responsible for supporting the Military Representative and Defence Attaché and managing all aspects of the Post budgets and manage the administration of the planning and co-ordination of visits and staff arrival and departures.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage budgets for the Military Representative and the Defence Brussels office.
- Complete compliance reporting in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Manage travel and related bookings for Defence staff at Post and Australian embedded officer/s as required.
- Acquit allowances and entitlements including representational allowance, travel allowance and household maintenance allowance.
- Update and maintain Business Plan, Fraud Control Plan and Defence Asset Register.
- Act as Transport Manager and maintain vehicle management plans.
- Manage procurement and disposal of furniture and maintenance requirements.
- Manage and coordinate the arrival and departure of Defence staff at Post.
- Other duties as directed.
- Experience in financial management, preferably within an Australian Government context.
- Valid Belgian or International driver’s licence.
- High level written and spoken English communication skills.
- Valid Australian National Security Clearance or the ability to obtain.
In your written statements, you must include succinct, high-level and relevant examples that support your claims against the role.
- Demonstrated ability to provide financial and budgetary management reports, with the ability to exercise good judgement and apply relevant compliance in line with Australian Government directives and financial policies;
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities and organise work effectively and efficiently, and to complete projects and assignments with limited supervision;
- Ability to work effectively across all organisation levels building strong relationships with stakeholders, demonstrating strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to set priorities and organise work effectively and efficiently, and to complete projects and tasks with limited supervision.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office suite, with intermediate or advanced level on MS Excel, and the ability to manage electronic documents and records.