Full-Time: 37 hours and 30 minutes per week
Salary: TRY 5,001.00 per month (gross)
Applications are sought from persons interested in employment at the Australian Embassy in Ankara as Locally Engaged Staff.
About the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
The Travel and Administration Officer, under the direction of the Senior Administration Officer (SAO) and Accountant, undertakes Travel services for the Embassy and performs administrative support on procurement, financial processes and records management, and provides back-up for the protocol and human resources functions.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organise all domestic and international travel for DFAT A-based staff
- Coordinate vehicle bookings with Fleet Manager and Security Assistant.
- Provide assistance to the accounting and administration team including management of the Embassy’s payment processes and credit card reconciliations and processing of HR records
- Provide basic translation and interpretation services
- Prepare and process purchase orders and assist with procurement as needed.
- Assist with administrative and logistical arrangements for official visits including liaison with local authorities, hotels, and transport companies
- Respond to routine public enquiries.
- Take and deliver messages for Embassy staff as required.
- Maintain Embassy contacts lists and directories.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail services by opening and distributing mail, including administration and liaison related to diplomatic mail.
- Provide relief assistance for the Finance Officer.
- Provide relief assistance for the Personnel and Protocol Officer
- Support to the Administration team as required
- High level of communication, liaison and organisation skills including well developed written and oral communication skills in English and Turkish
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office applications. SAP knowledge an advantage
- Ability to plan and prioritise and complete competing tasks and to work effectively as a committed and flexible member of a small and busy team
- Strong client liaison and administration skills.
Please address each of the selection criteria for the role in the spaces provided on the application form. Drawing on your prior experience, please provide examples of where you have demonstrated the required competencies or transferable skills.
The word limit is strictly 250 words per response. The panel will not assess responses that exceed the word limit.
A. Demonstrate your ability to undertake a high level of general administrative and clerical duties including travel itineraries and logistical coordination as well as filing and drafting correspondence.
B. Demonstrate your understanding of financial practices and principles and experience in the use of financial accounting systems (SAP an advantage).
C. Ability to set priorities, multitask and organise work effectively and efficiently, and to complete projects and assignments with limited supervision.
D. The ability to be flexible, working within a small team, and able to work autonomously when required. Demonstrated experience operating in an international environment.
E. Strong communication, liaison and organisation skills including well developed written and oral communication skills in English and Turkish.
F. Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. High level of IT literacy with ability to manage an electronic documents and records management system, ensuring on-going compliance with policy guidelines.