Contract: Fixed Term
Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week
Applications are invited for the domestic staff position of a Cook and Maid at an official diplomatic residence in Nicosia. Employment will be offered on a fixed-term contract basis for an initial period of 6 months.
The remuneration package will include recreational and personal days, uniform allowance and medical benefits.
About the Position
Under the supervision of the employer, or that of family members, the position is responsible for maintaining in good order and good cleanliness the residence, its surroundings and furnishings, and for preparing food for official functions and family meals. This is a live out position.
Key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the household is well maintained and its furnishings are kept at a high standard.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Perform housekeeping and light maintenance duties.
- Request repair services, manage tradespersons and other persons engaged for the upkeep of the residence.
- Sort clothing, linen and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
- Prepare food for official functions and family meals as required.
- Shop and order grocery and food supplies for representational functions and for household requirements.
- Maintain kitchen and kitchen equipment to a good working order.
- Serve at table for small functions and receptions as required.
- Other household duties as required.
- Experience cleaning and maintaining homes.
- Ability to cook simple meals and learn recipes.
- A high standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Flexibility, including willingness to adjust working days and hours to meet requirements.
- Sufficient spoken English to clearly understand instructions and communicate information. An understanding of Greek will be considered favourably.
In your written statements, you must prepare a short statement for each of the selection criteria listed below and include relevant, but succinct, examples that support your claims against the role:
- Demonstrated experience maintaining and cleaning private residences.
- Experience in preparing family meals and cooking for large groups.
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities and organise work effectively and efficiently, and to complete duties with limited supervision;
Applications close 25 April 2018.